VITA Around The World. Patient case
Francesco Ferretti. Rome, Italy.
Statement from Francesco Ferretti: “Opalescence means life. And VITA means life in Italian. That matches perfectly. Great!”
Short CV of Francesco Ferretti
- Born in Rome on March 15, 1957, Francesco Ferretti earned his degree as a dental technician at the "Istituto Edmondo de Amicis" in Rome. He has been self-employed since 1980.
- From 1987 to 1994, he was a consultant for a competitor in the field of ceramics.
- Since 1992, he has been collaborating exclusively with Prof. Mario Martignoni. After a year of working together with Prof. Martignoni, he became a member of the ORAL DESIGN CENTER in Rome, founded by Mr. Willi Geller, and joint partner together with his colleague Francesco Felli. Primary task: esthetic prosthetics.
- In 1999, he opened his new laboratory with a focus on esthetic restorations, and studied dentistry at the Università di Tor Vergata in Rome.
- In 2001, he founded "Estech Dental Studios" and worked until 2007 with the company Pentron in the fields of courses and consultation.
- From 2001 to 2010, he dedicated himself continuously to teaching at INTERDENT INC in MANILA, Philippines.
- He has published articles and research papers in professional journals in Italy, Europe, America and Asia. He is specialized in metal-free prosthetics. Together with Dr. Marco Nicastro, he conducts the one-year course on prosthetics, focusing on esthetics and function.
- In 2004, he was awarded the "Polcan Aiop" prize together with Dr. M. Nicastro for a complex case involving acidosis.
- Instructor at the Università Napoli in 2007 and instructor of the prosthetics perfecting course at the Università in Chieti from 2002 to 2010 on the primary topic "Metal Free".
- From 2013 to 2014, he was Chair of ANTLO (Italian National Association of Dental Laboratory Owners) in Lazio (Dental Technician Association).
- Founder and member of the "gimnasium cad cam"
- International courses and lectures in the USA, Asia, Russia, Greece, Germany, Romania, Poland, France and Spain.
The laboratory of Francesco Ferretti
Estech Dental Studios
Di Ferretti Francesco C. Sa Sas
Via Tommaso da Celano, 78
Telephone: +39 06 782 5775
Patient case: Individual anterior tooth crown made of VITAPM®9
Following the creation of the master model, the crown is modeled in wax and then pressed with VITA PM 9. The VITA PM 9 crown is elaborated for individualization.
This patient case has a very individual incisal configuration. Therefore, it was characterized internally with VITA INTERNO materials prior to layering with the VITA ADD-ON materials.
For better control of the shape and surface texture, Francesco Ferretti applied a gold powder to the plaster and ceramic surface. This application causes both materials to have the same shade and brilliance. Details can be easily and selectively matched to the neighboring teeth.
The enameled restoration, prepared for use in the patient.
The video of the patient case "Individual anterior tooth crown of VITAPM®9" by Francesco Ferretti
A satisfied patient shows her smile.
Further information on the product used: